Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Copy and paste last story after Oiler loss

So with an Oil loss now a Canuck win tonight against the Sharks means the Oil are on the outside looking in but a Canuck loss means - well, go back to yesterday's post.

I'll see if I can find a picture of a turtle for my next post because this is turning into the mother of all turtle derbies. Its a good thing for the Oilers and Canucks that the Kings have fallen apart even worse.


lowetide said...

It's funny. This team could make the playoffs and all will be well or miss it and be a train wreck.

If I wasn't so personally involved as a fan it might be fun to watch.

Black Dog Hates Skunks said...

Its true - when the Leafs collapsed I took great joy in it - the benchings, the selfishness, the dissections of why why why?
And as the past few weeks have unfolded I have always kept a positive attitude because I figured they would not fall apart but now ...
Still have to remember the big picture - if they miss the playoffs - its a train wreck and big disappointment for this year but unlike past years where it was a true Groundhog Day - sell high priced players, bring in unproven youth, hope for breaks to edge into playoffs - Lowe can say - ok - need goaltending and I'm 10 points better, need more secondary scoring, etc etc.
So we're ahead but it will still hurt like hell.