Sunday, May 28, 2006
- After the first period all doubts were quieted in my mind. Even down 1-0 you could see that Game 4 was an aberration and that even if we lost Game 5, we would take Game 6 or Game 7. After all that, it was the flu. The Ducks were not the second coming of the Ottawa Silver Seven. Sorry Teemu.
- They always say a break is bad but I have to think a few days off will be good for these guys. The top four D, especially Spacek, really looked gassed. Roloson was great tonight but a few days off won't hurt.
- Bergeron is dynamite on the PP - but at even strength? Yeeesh.
- And Matt Greene may be a good NHL D next year or in five years (or never) but he's hard to take sometimes. MacT must really hate Tarnstrom
- Don't look now but three straight games with a goal for the fourth line. And was that Rem the Gem killing penalties? He got hacked on a lot earlier these playoffs but he deserves credit now. He's playing well.
- Saw the good Dvorak and bad tonight - no hands in close but hard work all of the time and had a part in Moreau's goal
- Torres looked refreshed - nice hit on Penner, played under control, good for him
- ok, tons of penalties - at least get this too many men thing solved - had visions of Don Cherry's Bruins at the end. And then Pronger over the glass.
- Smytty, Horcoff, Pisani and Peca led the way up front, as always
- Stoll looked better tonight. Hemsky too.
- why dress LeGG if you're not going to play him. Seriously. Put in Peterson or Harvey. Or dress 7 D and use Bergeron exclusively on the PP.
- experience played a huge role in this series, just as it did against the Sharks, I think, and I do believe the Ducks were a little overconfident (why?). Hopefully our next opponent will be of the same mind.
- Ethan Moreau - what a beast
Finally, a bit of a break. For a few days we can relax. And then it will get going again.
Four more wins!
Posted by Black Dog at 12:04 AM