Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fernando, If I Was Quite Gay, Fernando Yeah


Ok, so in the last few weeks we have seen Pitkanen emerge as the defenceman we hoped to get in the Philly deal. We have seen the Oilers claw their way back to .500 (and yes, I am fully aware of the whole shootout thing but what the hell, points are points. I'll take them for now.). We have seen Souray return from injury. Tarnstrom is almost back. Moreau is close. He really is.
Hemsky is nearly at a point a game. Penner looks like he is getting it together. And Horcoff is establishing himself as one of the premier centres in the game, imo.
The biggest story - Fernando. Back for nine games in which they have picked up thirteen of a possible eighteen points. Two goals plus the shootout winner last night. And he has brought along Nilsson and Gagner. Nilsson, about to be sent out before Fernando came along. Gagner, who had become a non factor. Now they both look like legitimate players.
Apparently Toto has rereleased their totally awesome hit from the early 80s.
All I wanna do when I wake up in the morning is to see you, Pies
Fernando, Fernando I never thought that a guy like you could carry two kids, Fernando
All I wanna do in the middle of the evening is to watch you score
Fernando, Fernando I didn't know you were looking for more than a checking role
Not quite three months since he went away, Fernando yeah
Now he's back and I have to say
Meet you all the way, if I was quite gay, Fernando yeah
Meet you all the way, if I was quite gay, Fernando yeah
I can see your face still bearded like it was in that lovely spring
Fernando, Fernando I didn't know that a guy like you could make me feel so sad, Fernando
All I wanna take is a night you'll carry Torres and Stoll once again
Fernando, Fernando they never thought that losing you could ever hurt so bad
Not quite three months since he went away, Fernando yeah
Now he's back and I have to say
Meet you all the way, if I was quite gay, Fernando yeah
Meet you all the way, if I was quite gay, Fernando yeah

7 comments:

robert cleave said...

Hmm. Here's a look at the actual subject of that song when they were Fernando's age. Under appreciated, indeed.

Doogie said...

Funny, I always think of Abba when I think of Fernando.

Also, is that Rosanna Arquette in that picture?

Black Dog said...

Me too doogie, me too.

Um, that picture is of Fernando Pisani.

robert cleave said...

Um, that picture is of Fernando Pisani.

Droll, Patrick. And yes, doogie.

Black Dog said...

Har har.

But yes Rosanna. Yum.

Pat H said...

I can't help but think that you exerted a little too much brain power in coming up with the Toto/Fernando lyrics. But I liked it. And 'Fernando, Fernando' will now ever-cross my mind when I chance upon Rosanna with the 'random play' setting of my ipod.

T. said...

That's good stuff! I like the beard line.